Cocamidopropyl Betaine
Cocamidopropyl Betaine

Cocamidopropyl Betaine

Select Size
Note: Previously Called Coco Betaine
Part Number: SRF-COBE-01
Availability: In Stock
Int. Shipping: HS Code 3402190000

Choose Options

Description: Mild amphoteric surfactant derived from coconut oil. Easily water soluble in a wide pH range. pH is 5-6 in a 10% aqueous solution. Contains 30% active substances (remaining 70% is water). Molecular weight: 342.52 g/mol. Clear yellow liquid, no or faint odor. Water-soluble.

CAS: 61789-40-0

INCI Name: Cocamidopropyl betaine

  • Very mild co-surfactant compatible with anionic, non-ionic, cationic surfactants
  • Useful also as primary surfactant as it has good cleansing and foaming properties
  • Slight viscosity enhancer
  • Excellent conditioning and antistatic agent
  • Moderate emulsifying properties

Use: Can be added to formulas as is. Recommended use level 4-40% depending on desired foaming and cleansing effects. For external use only.

Applications: Body washes, shampoos, bubble baths, cleansing lotions, creams, hand soaps, baby products, hair conditioners, cream rinses.

Country of Origin: USA

Raw material source: Derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine

Manufacture: Cocamidopropyl betaine is made by reacting 3-dimethylaminopropylamine with fatty acids from coconut oil (mainly lauric acid) to form an amide (cocamidopropyl dimethylamine). The amide is then reacted with sodium monochloroacetate to form the cocamidopropyl betaine.

Animal Testing: Not animal tested

GMO: GMO free

Vegan: Does not contain animal-derived components

Documents: SDS, Fact Sheet, Sample Recipe, Certificate of Analysis

Recently Viewed Items

Get Newsletter Deals!
Mailing List