: Very versatile dispersion of hectorite blended with triglyceride for adding viscosity of oil-phase systems. Hectorite is a natural, soft, greasy, white clay mineral occurring in volcanic ash and tuff. Light tan colored (buff) thick gel. Viscosity 1.5-3.2 cps. Not water-soluble. Miscible with oils. CAS
: 73398-61-5, 12691-60-0, 108-32-7 INCI Name
: Caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearalkonium hectorite, propylene carbonate
- Can be used hot or cold to thicken oil phase systems
- Provides viscosity control
- Enhances skin feel by masking greasy or tacky components
- Provides softness and silkiness to the skin and color cosmetics
- Possesses shear-thinning viscosity
- Excellent suspension of pigments, actives and controlled alignment of special-effect pigments
: Add to oil-phase of formulas; mix into low amounts of oils to overcome large viscosity differences. It is best to add the gel under agitation to a portion of the fatty components. Mix until the mixture becomes homogeneous before adding any other ingredients. Typical use level 2.5-10%. For external use only. Applications
: Emulsions (creams, lotions), sun care, mascara, lip color, lip glosses, massage gels.
Country of Origin
: USA. EU, Japan, China, Australia compliant.
Raw material source
: Natural bentonite clay derived from volcanic ash. Compliant with RSPO.
: Purified, stabilized and mixed with oils and a carbonate ester. Animal Testing
: Not animal tested GMO
: GMO free (does not contain plant-derived components) Vegan
: Does not contains animal-derived components Documents
, Fact Sheet
, Sample Recipe
, Certificate of Analysis