: Murumuru butter is the fatty part collected from the seeds of the Murumuru palm tree (Astrocaryum murumuru), native in Brazil. It is rich in oleic acid, making it a valuable ingredient for hair and skin-care products. Unrefined (virgin). Waxy solid, white to yellowish in color, nutty aroma. Oil-soluble, water-insoluble. CAS
: 356065-49-1 INCI Name
: Astrocaryum Murumuru (murumuru) butter
- Effective emollient with great moisturizing and smoothing properties. Improve skin elasticity.
- No tacky or greasy feel on the skin.
- Very useful in hair formulas due to its naturally glossy appearance and emollient repair effect.
- The butter's hydrophobic qualities assure that the moisture will be locked into the skin and hair during even humid conditions.
- Easily spreadable. Will melt on contact with skin.
: Melt before use, typical use level 3 - 100%. Can be used pure for skin treatments. External use only. Applications
: Lotions, creams, hair care products, sun care & after sun products, lip balms, body butter, ointments. Country of Origin
: USA Raw material source
: Seeds of the Murumuru palm tree (Astrocaryum murumuru) Manufacture
: Murumuru butter is produced by extracting the fats and oils from the seeds of the Murumuru palm tree (Astrocaryum murumuru). Animal Testing
: Not animal tested GMO
: GMO free but not certified Vegan
: Does not contain animal derived components Documents
, Fact Sheet
, Sample Recipe
, Certificate of Analysis