Effective March 28, 2020
Updated December 27, 2022
Thank you for visiting us! We value our relationship to our customers, and we place top priority on your privacy.
As a company located in Washington State, we want to let you know how we collect information, the type of information we collect,
and the potential use of that information. We utilize all resources and information available to us to continuously
improve our services that we provide to you and to gain insight on our practices and marketing data.
Our motto is to continuously strive as the best and leading industry supplier
We may collect such as your personal information, demographic information, commercial information, payment information, identity verification information, geolocation, and various other information such as tax and reseller permit. By using our website, subscribing to our emails, clicking links, purchasing products, or utilizing any other electronic services affiliated with our company, you are providing consent to the use and collection of communication and website activity transmitted by electronic device. We may also collect device and online information such as device identifiers, including but not limited to IP addresses and MAC addresses, and online activity such as interaction and activity on our website, type of devices used by you, browser type, and other website activity. By using our website, you provide consent that website activity, communications, and any other information excluding personal information may be collected by us or third parties to improve our business and to gain insight on marketing data or for other purposes.
There are various ways through which we collect information. We may directly receive information from you such as when you open a personal or business account, when you make purchases, use our contact forms or any other fields used for inputting information, and emails. We also use other methods such as cookies and automated data collection methods including but not limited to third parties, such as marketing applications and services, used to collect marketing data for service improvement. There are also other types of third-party data collection methods such as advertisement partners and other business partners or collaborators.
We value your privacy and do not ever sell your information. We want to make sure that your personal information is protected from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized use, destruction, loss, alteration, access, and disclosure. All collection of data is intended for the improvement of our services, and any information we share is limited to our business affiliates, service providers, platforms and parties involved in transactions and interactions that make our services possible for you, advertising companies, and other third parties, such as for consumer protection purposes. You have the right to opt-out of services you do not consent to, such as email opt-outs and rejecting or customizing cookies, among other options.
By using our website, you give us consent to these terms listed above. If you feel any concern or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at your convenience so we can help you feel at ease while shopping with us. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to continuing as your favorite distributor of the highest quality ingredients. We are here to make your goals and plans come true.
Please also visit our Terms & Conditions establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our Website here.
Privacy Consent Disclaimer:
MakingCosmetics Inc. is located in Washington State, which is a two-party consent state. By using our website, subscribing to our emails, clicking links, purchasing products, or utilizing any other electronic services affiliated with our company, you are providing consent to the use and collection of communication and website activity transmitted by electronic device. By using our website, you provide consent that website activity, communications, and any other information excluding personal information may be collected by us or third parties to improve our business and to gain insight on marketing data or for other purposes.
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, signature, address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number, insurance policy number, medical information or health insurance information; physical characteristics or description, and other similar identifiers (“Identifiers”); payment information; characteristics of protected classifications under Washington or federal law; commercial information; biometric information; Internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual or similar information; professional or employment-related information; education information; and inferences drawn from any of the above-identified information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Providing, maintaining and improving our business;
- Fulfilling orders and processing transactions;
- Managing and providing services to you;
- Responding to your questions, concerns, and other requests for assistance;
- Customizing your browsing and shopping experience on the Website. We use information about your browsing and shopping activities to bring you a custom shopping experience, by offering products and advertisements tailored to your interests (please see our Cookies section below);
- Keeping you informed of administrative changes to our Website, including changes to our terms and conditions and other policies, and other information regarding the Website;
- Analyzing Website statistics, such as usage and experiences impacting your browsing experience. We this information to patch bugs and resolve other issues to present you with the best possible browsing experience.
- Conducting market research, which informs our marketing strategy and enables us to present you with a browsing experience tailored to your interests. For example, we create user profiles to enable personalized direct marketing communications;
- Maintaining basic records, so that we may respond to and honor your requests to delete your data and prohibit future unwanted processing;
- Preventing fraud, criminal activity, and misuses of our Website. We also use this information to block prohibited resellers from accessing our website and to safeguard the security of this Website, as well as our infrastructural security;
- Complying with legal obligations and process, and to safeguard our rights, privacy, safety, and property, as well as your rights, privacy, safety, and property, and that of our affiliates and third parties;
- Administering special offers, including contests, promotions, surveys, and other interactive Website experiences;
- Enabling us to publish your reviews, photos, videos and other content;
- Applications for employment and employment-related purposes;
- Communicating with you, including through email. We may use the email address which you provide for order processing to send you information and updates about your orders, as well as occasional news, updates, and information about our company and related products and services. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please refer to the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- Notifying you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates or our partners that may be of interest to you.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as reasonably
while we have a legitimate business need to do so, or as
required by law (e.g. for tax, legal, accounting or other
purposes), whichever is longer.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we no longer need to retain your Personal Information, it will be deleted or be anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
How We Protect And Store Your Information
We are committed to making sure your privacy is protected when
you use our Website and when we collect information from you. We
take the security of your information seriously, and implement a
variety of security measures to maintain safety of all Personal
Information you provide. For example, Personal Information you
provide to us will be. We also make sure that third parties we
use to process your Personal Information also use appropriate
security measures to protect your data.
When we collect sensitive information like your credit card information, social security numbers, financials, etc., that information is encrypted and securely transmitted. For example, we use a secure server for transmitting sensitive information. All supplied sensitive/credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. You can verify that this sensitive information is being transmitted securely by looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage. After a transaction is completed, your sensitive information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about entering information on public computers or on public networks. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or stored on our Website.
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
We only have access to or collect information that you provide us through your use of the Website. We do not track users over time and across third party websites. Accordingly, this Website does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider
transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web
browser. Cookies enable websites or service providers’ systems
to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain
information. For example, you may use our cookies to stay logged
in when you exit a browser window. You may read more about
cookies at All About Cookies.
Some cookies (Strictly Necessary Cookies) are so essential to the functioning of our website that you cannot opt out of them. However, you can choose to accept, decline, or withdraw consent to other cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain features or services on our Website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Carry out essential services of our website, including tracking sign-ups and processing payments. Because our website cannot function without use of these cookies, you may not opt out of them: Salesforce, AccessiBe
- Analytics Cookies: Provide information about how visitors arrive at and use our site. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below: Google Analytics
- Functional Cookies: Give visitors a better browsing experience, such as the opportunity to leave product reviews. You may opt out of these cookies by modifying your browser settings as explained below: Youtube.com
- Marketing Cookies: Facilitate targeted and affiliate marketing. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below: Yotpo, ShipperHQ, AccessiBe, Bablic, TaxJar
- Browser Opt-Out: Most browsers have a “help” button or section on the toolbar. If you click on this button or section, you will find information about turning on and off cookies and how to receive notifications when a new cookie is received: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari
Additionally, many advertising services allow you to opt out of
targeted advertising. You may find more information in the
resources available at the Network
Mobile devices: Note that these resources may not work to turn off cookies on mobile devices. Every mobile device is different. Here are some resources for turning off cookies for popular mobile browsers: Mozilla Firefox (Android), Google Chrome, Apple Safari.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Other than as described herein, we do not sell, trade, or
otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable
information. We may share your Personal Information with trusted
third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting
our business and servicing you, including providers of hosting,
cloud services and other information technology services
providers for the management or hosting of the Website; payment
processors; order and subscription management and fulfillment
services; e-commerce platforms; rating and reviews platforms;
email communication and customer support services; and web
analytics, marketing and digital advertising services, so long
as those parties agree not to use the information for their
direct marketing purpose, to keep this information confidential
and use appropriate security measures to protect your data.
We may also disclose your information as required under applicable law, to enforce our Website policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale or transfer of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate or other entity surviving out of the event.
MakingCosmetics Inc. attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, MakingCosmetics Inc. does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
California Minors Who Are Registered Users
If you are under the age of 18, reside in California and are a registered user of the Website, you have the right to request that we remove content or information you posted on the Website. Please contact us via our Contact Us page with “California Minors Content Removal” in the subject line of your message. Please note that our removal of content or information you posted may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
Nevada Online Privacy Law
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to submit a request directing us not to make any sale of personally identifiable information we have collected or will collect about you. We do not sell your personal information. To request confirmation that we do not sell your personal information, please contact us via our Contact Us page with “Nevada Privacy Information” in the subject line of your message.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are a general audience site. Our Website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any information from anyone under 16 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone under 16 years of age, any information regarding that user will be promptly deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under 16 years of age, please contact us by using the information below.
Rights Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
If you are located in the European Economic Area, and provide
your consent, your Personal Information may be transferred and
stored outside of the European Economic Area to the United
we store or transfer your Personal Information outside the
European Economic Area, we will do so in accordance with
applicable U.S. law and will implement appropriate safeguards.
If you are located in the European Economic Area and provide your consent, and later wish to withdraw your consent, please visit our Preferences page. Under the GDPR, consumers in the European Economic Area are afforded particular rights in relation to their personal rights. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information from us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to us processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of your country if you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handle your Personal Information.
You can get more information about GDPR regulations here.